The Fire Shelter Complete Set from Anchor Industries provides safety and protection if a wildland firefighter gets trapped by wildfires. It is designed to reflect radiant heat, protect against convective heat and trap breathable air in an attempt to save the life of the firefighter. This set includes the fire shelter, nylon duck carrying case and carrying case plastic liner. It is available in two sizes regular and large to provide protection for all firefighters. The large size shelter allows less contact between the shelter material and the firefighter’s body and provides more air space between the shelter and occupant. It is intended for larger firefighters.
- Deployed Size
- Regular – 86”L x 15 ½”H x 31”W
- Large – 96”L x 19 1/2” H x 33”W
- Large Size Shelter designed for firefighters taller than 6’1” or whose girth exceeds 53” at any point.
- Large Fire Shelter Easily Identified by the Orange Deploy Strap
- Regular Size - Forest Service Spec 5100-606B – New Generation fire shelter provides increased protection from radiant and convective heat in wildland firefighter entrapment situations.