With low-profile frames and anti-fog lenses, ESS FirePro-1971™ structural firefighting goggles are the most advanced on the market. This goggle series is compliant with NFPA 1971-2013 Edition, including the 5-minute, 500°F oven test. It is also U.S. Federal OSHA compliant, exceeds the requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2010, and is considered Primary Eye Protection by NFPA 1500. All components of ESS FirePro-1971™ goggles are heat and flame resistant.
The FirePro-1971 FS™ model features a one-piece, wrap-around strap that easily secures to any helmet with Velcro® tabs. This system keeps the goggle on hand at all times, with the flexibility of quickly removing them if needed.
This configuration is recommended for use without face shields.
Other Key Features:
- Patented ESS Speed-Clip™ strap system makes adjusting the tension of FirePro™ goggle straps quick and easy, even with gloves on.
ClearZone™ FlowCoat lens treatments provide an optimal combination of anti-scratch coatings on the outside of the lens and anti-fog coatings on the inside.
- Low-profile frame with wide wrap minimizes helmet interference and maximizes peripheral vision.
- Full-perimeter ventilation and filtration system further minimizes lens fogging while filtering airborne particles, dust, and debris.
- Extra-thick, 2.8mm high-impact Profile™ Series goggle lenses that meet and exceed ANSI Z87.1-2010 and CE.
- Lenses provide 100% UVA/UVB protection and distortion-free optical clarity.
- A prescription eyewear solution is available for ESS FirePro™ goggles: the ESS U-Rx™ Insert. This prescription carrier is cross-compatible with ESS Cross-Series™ and ICE™ Eyeshields, providing an Rx solution that can be used across numerous ESS eye pro platforms: