In the heat of the battle, a thermal imaging camera is indispensable – a vital tool that helps you quickly visualize your plan of attack, locate hot spots, and save lives. Ideally, every engine and truck company should have at least one high-performance TIC on hand. Since FLIR’s affordable K-Series arrived on the scene, now that’s more feasible.
The NFPA-Compliant K65 features FSX™ Flexible Scene Enhancement, which enhances thermal images through real-time digital processing inside the camera. This results in an ultra-sharp image that shows extraordinary structural, edge, and other instantly-recognizable detail. Ultimately, FSX™ makes it easier for firefighters and rescue teams to find their way through the smokiest, darkest environments, and to instantly identify targets in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
The K65 also features In-Camera Video Storage and can record and store 200 video files in clips of 5 minutes each, and can also store hundreds of still images.
As always, the K-Series is rugged and reliable, designed to meet tough operating conditions.
- Certifications: Certified according to NFPA1801:2013 specification (Models K45 & K55 - No certification)
- Imaging and optical data:
- IR resolution: 320 × 240 pixels (Model K45 - IR resolution 240 × 180 pixels)
- Thermal sensitivity: <30 mK (Model K45 - Thermal sensitivity of <40 mK)
- Contrast optimization: Superior digital image detail through FSX™ (Flexible Scene Enhancement)
- In-camera video recording: Nonradiometric MPEG-4 to internal Flash Memory (Model K45 - No in-camera video recording)
- Field of view (FOV) / focus: 51° × 38° / fixed focus
- Image frequency: 60 Hz
- Focus: Fixed
- Zoom: 2x digital zoom
- Focal Plane Array (FPA) / Spectral range: Uncooled microbolometer / 7.5–13 µm
- Start-up time: 17 sec. (IR-image, no GUI)
- Start-up time from sleep mode: 4 sec.
- Image storage: Up to 200 JPEG images on internal Flash Memory
- Video storage: Up to 600 minutes in separate clips of 5 minutes each (Model K45 - No video storage).
- Image presentation:
- Display: 4" LCD, 320 × 240 pixels, backlit
- Image modes:
- TI Basic NFPA Firefighting Mode
- Black and White Firefighting Mode
- Fire Mode
- Search And Rescue Mode
- Heat Detection Mode & Thumbnail gallery
- Auto-range: Yes, mode dependent
- Object temperature range:
–20 °C to +150 °C
0 °C to +650 °C
- Accuracy: ±4°C or ±4% of reading for ambient temperature 10°C to 35°C
- Measurement analysis:
- Spotmeter: 1
- Isotherm: Yes, According to NFPA and mode dependent
- Automatic hot/cold detection: Heat detection mode (the hottest 2% of the scene is colorized)
- Color palettes: Multiple palettes, mode dependent
- Regional adjustments: Units, date and time formats
- Data communication interfaces:
- Interfaces: USB-mini
- USB: USB Mini-B: Data transfer to and from PC / uncompressed colorized video
- Power system:
- Battery: Li Ion, 4 hours operating time
- Charging system: 2-bay charger, truck charger available
- Charging time: 2 hours to 85% (3 hours and 25 minutes) capacity, charging status indicated by LED’s
- Charging temperature: 0 °C to +45 °C
- Power management: Automatic shutdown and sleep mode
- Environmental data:
- Designed to meet NFPA 1801 specification: Vibration, impact acceleration resistance, corrosion, viewing surface abrasion, heat resistance, heat and flame, product label durability.
- Operating temperature range:
–20°C to +85°C (–4°F to +185°F)
+150°C (+302°F): 15 min.
+260°C (+500°F): 5 min.
- Storage temperature range: –40 °C to +85 °C
- Encapsulation: IP 67 (IEC 60529)
- Bump: 25 g (IEC 60068-2-29)
- Drop: 2.0 m, on concrete floor (IEC 60068-2-31)
- Physical data:
- Camera weight, incl. battery: 1,1 kg
- Battery weight: 0.152 kg (0.3 lb.)
- Camera size: 120mm L × 125mm W × 280mm H
- Tripod mounting: UNC ¼"-20
- Packaging and Contents: Hard transport case, thermal imaging camera, FLIR Tools software (scratchcard), power supply, incl. multi-plugs, battery (2 each), battery charger, USB cable, documentation, Torx screwdriver