The COBRA™ BarriAire™ Gold Hood from PGI offers more protection from harmful particles and contaminants in the areas that pose the greatest risk of exposure. BarriAire Gold hoods combine an outer layer of PGI proprietary gold FR fabric and an inner layer of ultra-lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles. BarriAire Gold hoods combine superior comfort, increased protection and maximum durability. Your fire hood is an investment in your health and safety…choose BarriAire Gold hoods from PGI.
Complete Coverage (3979471) – Particulate coverage includes entire head except for Sure-Fit™ panel at crown. Front and back bib extends particulate barrier coverage beyond critical areas as identified by NFPA – Maximum Protection.
Critical Coverage (3979471-1)– Particulate coverage from base of the neck and around entire head except for Sure-Fit™ panel at the crown. All critical areas of particulate penetration as identified by NFPA have a particulate barrier.
- Proprietary PGI gold FR fabric for excellent heat, flame and thermal resistance with superior tensile and tear strength for longer wear life.
- BarriAire Gold Hoods combines an outer layer of PGI proprietary gold FR fabric and an inner layer of ultra‑lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® Nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles.
- Lightweight with exceptional breathability, weight similar to hoods without a particulate barrier.
- Unlike laminated PTFE barrier hoods, BarriAire™ Gold Hoods are quiet and allow excellent hearing. Laminated PTFE hoods are annoyingly loud making a crackling noise with virtually every movement, adversely affecting communication in situational awareness.
- Uniquely quilted to stabilize and enhance particulate barrier durability.
- Exceeds industry standards of blocking 90 percent of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size.
- Inner fabric engineered to wick moisture from the skin, through fabric, to the outer shell where it evaporates for a drier more comfortable experience.
- Outer shell fabric features a proprietary DWR finish which allows the hood to dry 2x‑3x faster than non-treated fabrics, reduces build‑up of toxic residue that is easily absorbed by non-treated fabrics and enhances the release of contaminants during washing.
- Fabric designed with a softer hand and is hypoallergenic making it more comfortable next to the skin.
- Built-in stretch and recovery, to better conform to the head and neck for true one size fits all sizing.
- Attractive gold color allows you to detect when the hood’s soiled and needs cleaning.
- Fabric is inherently static resistant.
- Generous cut with a little “ease” built into the design so the hood doesn’t fit skin tight — creates a layer of air between the hood and head which improves thermal resistance from flame and heat.
- Stronger, less bulky stitching — all quilting is done with CRAQ SPUN® meta‑aramid thread.
- Extra-long length (23") front and back, ensures hood stays tucked‑in even after laundry shrinkage.
- UL Certified thermal patch label facilitates tracking and identification through bar coding, sequential numbering, and personalization.
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition.
- Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection – Current Edition.