Style : # 3822093
Material: Para-Tek FR™ Tri-Blend
DESIGN: Single-ply – small face opening
- Provides superior heat, flash and flame protection to the head and neck in SWAT and other tactical situations.
- Softer and better stretch and recovery than other hoods.
- Superb comfort – Excellent moisture management and breathability. Wicks moisture away from skin.
- Hood construction includes contoured shoulders so hood doesn’t bunch at neck, flat-stitched seams for improved comfort and fit, sewn with 100% Nomex thread, bottom edge of bib bound with self-material bias binding, all points of stress are bartacked.
Para-Tek FR™ is PGI’s proprietary Tri-Blend that leverages the benefits of three fibers – High Strength Para-Aramid, Lenzing FR®, and High Tenacity Nylon. The end result is a lightweight, breathable hood that offers exceptional flame and heat resistance and the highest arc rating –34.4 (Level 3), ounce per ounce of any hood on the market. When tested for vertical char length the Para-Tek FR fabric had the lowest char lengths we’ve ever seen averaging 9mm (.36”) in the wales direction and 12mm (.48”) in the courses direction after five launderings. For comparison purposes, 100% Nomex has more than four times longer char lengths in the wales direction and over three times longer char lengths in the courses direction. Thermal Protective Performance (TPP) results were equally impressive with a TPP rating of 34.8 after five washings. Only the PBI/Lenzing FR blend with our Comfort Plus™ liner – 38 TPP rating, had a better rating. Other properties of Para-Tek FR include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Low thermal shrinkage
- Excellent TPP rating – 34.8 after five washings
- Superb flame resistance – lowest vertical char lengths of all hood fabrics
- Excellent Arc Flash protection (Highest arc rating of all hood fabrics) – ATPV = 34.4 HRC 3 (On double ply hoods)
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Excellent resistance to welding sparks and splatter – Resists pin-holing from welding sparks and splatter
- Exceptional wear life
- Great Value. Low initial cost, combined with long wear life
- Comfortable. Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate. Fabric also has excellent breathability
- Lightweight – 6 oz. / sq. yd.
- Natural heather green color – Hides soil
- Fabric Performance Values
- Features and Benefits
- Product Specs
- User Reviews
- Material composition of hood is a blend of High Strength Para Aramid / FR Rayon / High Tenacity Nylon – approx 6 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- Not Complaint with NFPA 1971- Current Edition
STITCH TYPE AND SEAMS:
- All stitching shall conform to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751)
- Major assembly seams are stitch type 504 forming seam type SSA-1
- SSA seams are reinforced with stitch type 605.
- Binding is applied with stitch type 406.
- Bartack stitch is type 301 (28 stitches).
- All sewing is done with 100% Nomex thread size TEX 40.
- The hood is composed of one layer of knitting.
- Hood is seamed from top of eye-opening to bottom of hood and then top and bottom coverstitched for extra strength.
- The small face opening and bottom edge of hood are bound with self-fabric bias cut binding (cut in five-degree cut pattern).
- Shoulders are contoured on each side allowing the hood to lie flat on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
Finished Hood Measurements:
Width of hood below eye opening 9” ± ½” (2)
Width of hood at bottom edge 9" ± ½" (3)
One size hood fits all.
Labeling and User Information:
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, Date of Manufacture, Warning statement, care instructions.
Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
Passes Fed. Test 191 Method 5903.2 and compliant with CAL-OSHA Sections3406 and 3410(d) and complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269.