- Material : Para-Tek FR1/2Tri-Blend
- Arc Rating : 34.4
- HRC Rating : 3
Double ply hood, with Extra Long Double ply bib, two piece overall design with notched shoulders
- Double-ply hood with 3" wide panel for contoured fit
- XL length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Tapered back and notched shoulder design helps bib
lie flat in front and back
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
This blend leverages the benefits of three fibers - High Strength ParaAramid, FR Rayon and High Tenacity Nylon. The end result is a mid-weight,breathable hood that offers excellent flame resistance and arc protection. Other properties of Para-Tek FR Tri-Blend include:
- Highest arc rating for a lightweight hood (34.4, Level 3)
- Excellent flame resistance 1/2 char length is 1/3 that of Nomex/Lenzing blends and 1/2 that of carbon blends
- Extremely durable
- Outstanding comfort 1/2 excellent moisture management
- Heather green color
- Resists shrinkage when exposed to heat and flame
- Both outer shell and lining are FR Rayon, Para-Aramid, High-Tenacity Nylon - approx. 6 oz sq yd
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recov1/2ery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)34.4
- Thermal Protection Performance (TPP)
- Initial (seconds)32.4
- After 5 washings (seconds)34.8
- *TPP at heat flux of 2.0 cal/cm2 sec
- After Flame
- Warp(wales)xFill (Courses)
- After 5 washings (seconds)0x0
- Char Length
- Initial (inches)0.5 x 0.8
- After 5 washings (inches)0.4 x 0.5
- Fabric Burst Strength (N)432.6
- Seam Burst Strength (N)807
- Heat and Thermal Shrinkage
- Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)29
- Melt or Drip when exposed to flame None
Stitch Types and Seams:
- All stitching conforms to federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Top is flat seam assembled stitch type 607.
- Bib assembly seams are serged with 503 stitch type and then reinforced with top and bottom cover- stitch, stitch type 605.
- Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 503 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Bound bib is cover-stitched with 406 stitch type.
- All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size 45/3
- Composed of a two layer top, bib and 31/2 wide Sure-Fit1/2panel for improved comfort, fit and performance.
- Top is seamed from top of face opening to bib in back with a six thread flat seam for comfort. Bib is assembled and joined around circumference of top with two thread serge and then 5 thread cover-stitched for extra strength.Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty 1/2" wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back 1/2" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of bib is bound with self-material bias binding and contoured at shoulders allowing the hood to drape on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
FINISHED HOOD MEASUREMENTS2.) Length of hood below face opening approx. 11"3.) Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15"4.) Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19"
Labeling and User Information
- Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Affixed to each hood is a complete users information guide.
Meets or exceeds industry standards
- UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971- Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA, , Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E 2004 Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 23.3 1/2 Hazard / Risk Category 1/2 2.