The Kovenex Blanket's heat-blocking capability sets it apart from all other fire protection blankets, not to mention ordinary infant blankets. The Infant Kovenex Blanket provides infants with the added safety of burn protection should they ever need to be carried from a fire in your home, or anywhere else.
Why Kovenex? "Kovenex is the only fabric on the market today that will not burn yet will protect against extreme heat that will cause burns."
- Soft and lightweight – safe and non-irritating to a baby's sensitive skin
- Durable and tear-resistant
- Use as an everyday baby blanket too: Kovenex Blanket also traps body heat to keep infants warm and comfortable all year long
- Kovenex Blanket is manufactured from a special patented blend of high-performance fibers. This technology enables the Kovenex Blanket to be fire-resistant, as well as heat-blocking
- Kovenex Blankets provide true flame resistance, heat-blocking burn protection and superior tear resistance based on N.F.P.A. test methods used in certifying firemen's turnout gear
- Machine washable
- Fabric blend will not emit toxic fumes when exposed to flames
- Extinguishes flames by depriving them of oxygen
- Allows hot vapors to escape through the breathable fabric
- Fire may discolor the fabric, but the Kovenex Blanket will not burn
- Blanket measures 39" x 35"
- Color: Yellow
- Test Results for 7 oz. Kovenex Blanket Fabric:
- Test 1: Thermal Protective Performance (TPP)
The minimum rating for firemen's protective gear is 35
NFPA tests of the 7 oz. Kovenex Blanket resulted in a TPP of approximately 18
- Traditional fire-retardant wool blankets flamed and melted away
Conclusion: The patented fiber blend in the Kovenex Blanket delivers breakthrough performance in flame resistance and heat blocking
- Test 2: Heat and Thermal Shrinkage:
- When placed in a chamber at 5001/2F (2601/2C) for five minutes, the Kovenex Blanket became slightly discolored with minor shrinkage
- By comparison, wool blankets smoked heavily, blackened and virtually disintegrated when removed from the chamber
Conclusion: The Kovenex Blanket far surpasses the performance of traditionally treated wool blankets
- Are you a Fire Department applying for a Fire Prevention & Grant (FP&S) from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)? If so, you should request funding for Kovenex Blankets for your department and your community!
- Requesting Kovenex Blankets will make your FP&S application stand out to the application reviewers
- Kovenex Blankets are also available for nurseries, kitchens, and businesses, making this a perfect product for community fire safety programs