The Kovenex Blanket's unique properties actually provide both flame resistance and heat blocking for a new sense of safety and security in the workplace. In all types of factories, commercial kitchens, hospital/nursing facilities, schools and laboratories... anywhere a sudden fire can erupt... Kovenex Blankets should be readily available.
Why Kovenex? "Kovenex is the only fabric on the market today that will not burn yet will protect against extreme heat that will cause burns."
- Kovenex Blanket provides a welcome sense of security at the workplace where a sudden fire could easily occur
- Safe and recommended for use in any size workplace
- Unlike traditional treated wool blankets, it has no limits as to shelf life and is washable and reusable over and over again
- Kovenex Blankets provide true flame resistance, heat-blocking burn protection and superior tear resistance based on N.F.P.A. test methods used in certifying firemen's turnout gear
- Wrapped around a trapped victim's head and torso, Kovenex Blankets offer a totally new level of protection against open flame, shattered glass particles, sharp metal edges, and even incidental extrication tool contact
- In a fire emergency, the Kovenex Blanket provides thermal and shock/trauma protection by keeping victim's body heat in and searing heat out
- Made from a special patented blend of high-performance fibers
- Thoroughly tested to N.F.P.A. standards
- Lab testing and field use have proven that the Kovenex Blanket can be counted on to protect victims facing open flame or high-heat environments
- Soft and light, yet durable and tear-resistant
- Shake off or vacuum away glass or debris – they won't snag on Kovenex Blanket's unique surface
- Fabric blend will not emit toxic fumes when exposed to flames
- Extinguishes flames by depriving them of oxygen
- Allows hot vapors to escape through the breathable fabric
- Fire may discolor the fabric, but the Kovenex Blanket will not burn
- Blanket measures 58" x 73"
- Test Results for 7 oz. Kovenex Blanket Fabric:
- Test 1: Thermal Protective Performance (TPP)
The minimum rating for firemen's protective gear is 35
NFPA tests of the 7 oz. Kovenex Blanket resulted in a TPP of approximately 18
- Traditional fire-retardant wool blankets flamed and melted away
Conclusion: The patented fiber blend in the Kovenex Blanket delivers breakthrough performance in flame resistance and heat blocking
- Test 2: Heat and Thermal Shrinkage:
- When placed in a chamber at 5001/2F (2601/2C) for five minutes, the Kovenex Blanket became slightly discolored with minor shrinkage
- By comparison, wool blankets smoked heavily, blackened and virtually disintegrated when removed from the chamber
Conclusion: The Kovenex Blanket far surpasses the performance of traditionally treated wool blankets
- Are you a Fire Department applying for a Fire Prevention & Grant (FP&S) from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)? If so, you should request funding for Kovenex Blankets for your department and your community!
- Requesting Kovenex Blankets will make your FP&S application stand out to the application reviewers
- Kovenex Blankets are also available for nurseries, kitchens, and businesses, making this a perfect product for community fire safety programs