As seen on The Today Show
! The Kovenex Kitchen Fire Blanket's unique properties make it ideal for extinguishing typical kitchen grease fires, venting hot vapors slowly until a safe temperature is reached and the chance for re-ignition is all but eliminated. Lightweight and easy to store, the Kovenex Kitchen Fire Blanket gives you a vital tool to respond to a sudden grease fire and safely secure your kitchen and home.
Why Kovenex? "Kovenex is the only fabric on the market today that will not burn yet will protect against extreme heat that will cause burns."
- The Kovenex Kitchen Fire Blanket provides you with your single best chance of extinguishing a kitchen grease fire or other small blaze before it spreads out of control
- Fires in the home can have many different causes. Kovenex Fire Blankets are ideal for extinguishing small fires, such as those caused by:
- Burning candles
- Appliance malfunction
- Unattended cigarette
- High-intensity lamp
- Cooking or grease fire accident
- Kovenex Fire Blankets is manufactured from a special patented blend of high-performance fibers. This technology enables the Kovenex Blanket to be fire-resistant, as well as heat-blocking
- Kovenex Fire Blankets provide true flame resistance, heat-blocking burn protection and superior tear resistance based on N.F.P.A. test methods used in certifying firemen's turnout gear
- Machine washable
- Fabric blend will not emit toxic fumes when exposed to flames
- Extinguishes flames by depriving them of oxygen
- Allows hot vapors to escape through the breathable fabric
- Fire may discolor the fabric, but Kovenex Fire Blankets will not burn
- Blanket measures 35" x 32"
- Test Results for 7 oz. Kovenex Fire Blanket Fabric:
- Test 1: Thermal Protective Performance (TPP)
The minimum rating for firemen's protective gear is 35
NFPA tests of the 8.5 oz. Kovenex Fire Blanket resulted in a TPP of approximately 18
- Traditional fire-retardant wool blankets flamed and melted away
Conclusion: The patented fiber blend in the Kovenex Fire Blanket delivers breakthrough performance in flame resistance and heat blocking
- Test 2: Heat and Thermal Shrinkage:
- When placed in a chamber at 500ºF (260ºC) for five minutes, the Kovenex Fire Blanket became slightly discolored with minor shrinkage
- By comparison, wool blankets smoked heavily, blackened and virtually disintegrated when removed from the chamber
Conclusion: The Kovenex Blanket far surpasses the performance of traditional treated wool blankets
- Are you a Fire Department applying for a Fire Prevention & Grant (FP&S) from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)? If so, you should request funding for Kovenex Blankets for your department and your community!
- Requesting Kovenex Blankets will make your FP&S application stand out to the application reviewers
- Kovenex Blankets are also available for nurseries, kitchens, and businesses, making this a perfect product for community fire safety programs