Since 1953, Shelby Specialty Gloves has been producing gloves in the U.S.A. Our firefighting gloves have been the choice of Professional and Volunteer Firefighters from around the world as we have been at the forefront of design and material development. Shelby’s reputation for customer appreciation and loyalty is directly attributed to our gloves’ protection, durability, fit and performance. This stems from our desire to lead the field and our commitment to the American worker.
- Superior Components
- Shelby Engineered
- Trigger Finger™
- Shell material: Flexor grain cowhide
- Shell features:
- Snag resistant 3M reflective nail guards & Shelby/Crosstech labels
- 3.0 oz Flexor grain cow Trigger Finger for increased mobility & tactility
- Arashield grip enhancer double stitched into the base of Trigger Finger
- Flex-Points w/knitted Kevlar strategically placed below nail guards at first knuckle on fingers & thumb
- G-Bloc wrist blocking system prevents unnecessary glove creep/shift during intensive usage. Provides a secure & responsive fit.
- Thumb bak has added Flexor grain cowhide shield for additional protection.
- All shell features are double stitched w/Kevlar thread
- Protective barrier: G-Bloc wrist blocky system
- Thermal lining:
- Tech fleece 6.0 oz/yd
- 185 g/m Kevlar & lensing non-woven (stitchbonded) fleece w/ 8.0 gsm web adhesive laminated to back of the fabric
- Color: Shelby Koala Gold/Black
- NFPA 1971 Compliant
- Lifetime Guarantee against liner pullout
- Made in USA
- Sizes available: X-Small – 2X-Large (Jumbo)
Anatomy of an American firefighting glove
REFLECTIVE SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS:
Snag resistant 3M reflective nail guards, CROSSTECH® Glove Insert and SHELBY # 1 Glove In Fire® labels.
3D CURVED SHELL LAYER
Functionally enhanced multi-dimensional (2, 3 & 4D) protective leather glove pattern that features a tapered trigger/index finger with Shelby engineered Flex-Points™ on thumb, middle, ring and small fingers. The end result is superior index finger dexterity and better finger & thumb articulation. Gloves G-BLOC™ wrist blocking system prevents glove creep during usage, providing a secure, comfortable and responsive fit.
THERMAL PROTECTION ZONES
A secondary lightweight thermal protection system that relays 50% more protection than other barrier/thermal liner layups of equal or greater thickness. This innovative system CONTINUALLY protects the hands at a higher level.
3D LINER AND BARRIER SYSTEM
A combination of unmatched thermal protection and a world leader in barrier technologies. Next generation
CROSSTECH® Film Technology insert and a Kevlar® and Lensing thermal liner with patent pending Thermal Protection Zones. This Shelby innovation was designed to mate flawlessly with the SHELBY FLEX-TUFF® multi-dimensional outer shell and relay excellent TPP and radiant heat protection where
it’s needed most!
RELAXED 3D CURVED GLOVE
Mirrors relaxed 3D curved hand!