The megaMAXX III ALS is a 3-watt alternate light system that Sirchie developed to assist the investigator at the crime scene or in the crime lab. The megaMAXX™ system consists of handheld, machined-aluminum, and self-contained light sources; each operating at or very near the light frequency marked on the individual lights. The megaMAXX™ System covers the light spectrum from long-wave 395nm ultraviolet (1-WATT) up to the red region of 625nm. A white megaMAXX™ light source is included to facilitate general crime scene searches. The megaMAXX™ System lights are designed for rough, hard handling under the most difficult conditions.
These lights offer a high degree of moisture resistance. Each removable section is equipped with an O-ring seal that will prevent against the infiltration of dampness or moisture under the wettest of crime scene conditions.
All seven visible light sources rated at 3-WATTS.
- 1 – UVFT100 ForensiTORCH UV Light (395nm)
- 7 – Visible MMX Lights (455nm, 470nm, 505nm, 530nm, 590nm, 625nm, White)
- 1 – Light Diffuser
- 1 – MMXPOD Light Support Tripod
- 3 – AAA Alkaline Batteries
- 14 – CR123 Lithium Batteries
- 1 – 797GV UV Protective Spectacles
- 1 – FAL208 Yellow Goggles
- 1 – FAL207 Red Goggles
- 1 – BMS300 Orange Goggles
- 1 – MMX300C Custom-Fitted, Heavy-Duty Attache Case with Pre-Cut Foam Insert