An added layer of warning for intersections and high-risk areas when used with your 100/200 watt siren amplifier. Howler™ provides deep, low-frequency tones, which penetrate other vehicles, alerting drivers and pedestrians of your approach.
Howler™ is not a replacement to the vehicle’s primary siren; Howler™ adds a minimum eight-second penetrating burst of low-frequency siren sound for use in heavy traffic, intersections or other high ambient noise conditions.
Selecting tone duration and style is easy. Three LEDs located on the rear of the Howler™ amplifier provide a visual indication of the currently selected tone style during the configuration process. Using the Scan-Lock button, cycle through the three different tone styles. The currently selected style and tone can be identified by these LED indicators.
- The Howler™ is an add-on to any 100-200 watt warning siren such as the Whelen 295SL Series. Works with most Siren Amplifiers.
- Includes two speakers for use with Howler™ amplifier only.
- Works with any sweeping tone, plus Hi/Low and electronic mechanical tone generated by the primary siren.
- The Howler™low-frequency tones synchronize with your primary siren tones to penetrate high noise, traffic situations.
- The Howler™ amplifier module uses the primary siren speaker output wires and divides the frequency to one of three frequency bands via dip switch. Selections are 1/4 tone, 1/2 tone or a composite of 1/4 and 1/2 tones.
- Lower frequency reverberating tones are able to penetrate vehicles, alerting drivers to your oncoming emergency vehicle.
- Built-in timer limits overexposure time, however, operators are advised to wear approved hearing protection.
- Two external cancel controls, standard. A positive or negative activation will cancel tone.
- Select tone duration and tone style via easy Scan-Lock™ feature and LED indicator (selection of 8 different tone durations: 8-60 seconds maximum).
- Output, 16 amps @ 200 watts
- Speaker Weight: 8 lbs. (3.63kg)
Please specify Vehicle Make, Model and Year when ordering so that the vehicle specific mounting bracket can be included. The bracket is a no charge item when ordered AT THE SAME TIME as the Howler™. If ordered separately, there will be a price associated.