An added layer of warning for intersections and high-risk areas when used with your 100/200 watt siren amplifier. Howler™ provides deep, low-frequency tones, which penetrate other vehicles, alerting drivers and pedestrians of your approach. Howler is not a replacement to the vehicle’s primary siren; Howler™ adds a minimum eight-second penetrating burst of low-frequency siren sound for use in heavy traffic, intersections or other high ambient noise conditions.
- The Howler™ is an add-on to any 100-200 watt warning siren such as the Whelen 295SL Series. Works with most Siren Amplifiers.
- Works with any sweeping tone, plus Hi/Low and electronic mechanical tone generated by the primary siren.
- The Howler™ low-frequency tones synchronize with your primary siren tones to penetrate high noise, traffic situations.
- The Howler™ amplifier module uses the primary siren speaker output wires and divides the frequency to one of three frequency bands via dip switch. Selections are 1/4 tone, 1/2 tone or a composite of 1/4 and 1/2 tones.
- Lower frequency reverberating tones are able to penetrate vehicles alerting drivers to your oncoming emergency vehicle.
- Built-in timer limits overexposure time, however, operators are advised to wear approved hearing protection.
- Two external cancel controls, standard. A positive or negative activation will cancel tone.
- Select tone duration and tone style via easy Scan-Lock™ feature and LED indicator (selection of 8 different tone durations: 8-60 seconds maximum).
- Requires SA315P with SAK46 Purchased Separately