Keep both hands on the wheel, both eyes on the road, and you’re still in full control of emergency warning with Whelen's Hands-Free electronic sirens.
Model 295HFS Series amplifiers are microprocessor controlled and rated for 100 or 200 watt output.
Standard features include: Radio Rebroadcast, Public Address, Manual, Wail, Yelp, Airhorn, and Piercer tones.
Other Features include:
- PTT (Push To Talk) switch on unidirectional microphone over-rides all siren functions.
- All siren functions are backlit in a soft, non-glare green for ease of nighttime visibility.
- An adjustable bail bracket allows mounting in a variety of positions.
- Each model is mounted on a slide out chassis with an integral quick disconnect plug for ease of maintenance or replacement.
- In 295HFS Models, Si-Test® provides a significant risk management advantage.
- Two different real time diagnostic tests include: Continuous dynamic testing during normal siren operations and a unique silent test while in the "Radio" mode with the "Manual" button depressed. During either operation, one or both red LED lamps will extinguish instantly upon sensing a siren or speaker(s) malfunction. Si-Test® instantly assures you of proper warning capability and two speaker operation for high risk situations. It also eliminates the need for annoying siren blasts during vehicle inspections or shift changes. Only Whelen offers this "silent" testing, day or night.
- Siren 295HFS Series Features six functions, plus radio repeat and public address. "Hands Free" operation. Turn On/Off and access all three siren tones without removing hands from the steering wheel
- Si-Test®silent, self-diagnostic indicator of siren or speaker failure, standard on all 295HFS models
- Combination On/Off and horn ring transfer switch. Prewired uni-directional microphone. Adjustable microphone and radio repeat volume controls
- Solid State over/under voltage shutdown and output short circuit protection
- Input polarity protection
- External spade-type fuse
- Adjustable bail bracket allows mounting of unit in a variety of positions
- Activate siren tones via "Aux. Enable" input (slide switch, power controls, or relay-to-ground connection)
- Locking quick disconnect plug for ease of service or replacement
- Selectable 100 or 200 watt output, standard on HFS Series
- Meets/exceeds Class A requirements of SAE, AMECA, KKK1822 and California Title XIII specifications